PlasTech Continues to Invest in the Most Up-to-Date 5-Axis CNC Tooling Technology
The YAMA Sieki GLS-2000LYS lathe is an example of our commitment to invest. It is a 5-axis CNC machining lathe with live tooling and sub spindle.
This is PlasTech second live tooling 5-axis CNC lathe it has purchased within a year.
Plastic CNC machined parts that are normally produced in two and three operations are now completed in one operation thus eliminating tolerance build up, human error and are CNC machined more efficiently. This all translates into a more cost effective process and a higher quality part for the customer.
The YAMA SEIKI GLS-2000LYS 5-axis CNC high speed turning center has 2 types of bed combined with high rigidity, high speed turning capability and compact size which offers high efficiency cutting power for CNC plastic machining. The live tooling turret, Y-axis and sub-spindle allows work on turning, milling, drilling tasks at the same.
The GLS-2000LYS also includes the following features
- 30° slant-bed design provides smooth chip disposal and easier operator access.
- Stainless steel way covers and special steel wipers molded with industrial strength rubber provide durability.
- Fully enclosed splashguards contain chips and coolant for a safe, clean working environment.
- The auto lubrication system delivers metered amounts of lubrication to the slide ways, ball screws, and vital components. Distribution automatically shuts off during idling to prevent waste.
- The extra manual tailstock provides maximum support when turning machining long parts. It can be moved by Z-axis carriage, which manually locks the base and shifts it to the desired position with accuracy and precision.
- Live tooling and C-axis control capabilities on the GLS-1500 series allow the machine to perform multiple tasks on a work piece, such as turning, milling, drilling and tapping. This reduces manpower and cycle time and minimizes loss of accuracy, which can occur when the part is transferred manually.